|Reference #||HEROT_EC_TL Planning|
|Location||East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa|
Applications are invited for the Team Leader - Planning position to be based in East London, Eastern Cape.
The Team Leader – Planning is responsible for execution of Fibre Planner duties where required, overseeing of the Planning and Draughtsperson teams as well as delivering the targets as set out by the Regional Growth Manager (RGM).
|Job Functions||Information Technology,Other|
|Industries||ICT - Information & Communications Technology,IT - Information Technology,Technical|
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
• Updating of progress and changes relating to plans.
• Day-to-day interactions with Municipal Officials.
• Manage and coordinate the work of the planning and draughtsperson’s teams.
• Plan work based on the priorities assigned by the RGM.
• Organise the resources to perform the planning.
• Arrange site surveys to ensure planning considers local conditions.
• Ensure adherence to standards and best practices.
• Oversee fibre design and planning process (develop fibre designs when required).
• Derive a final BoM from draughtsperson’s plans.
• Preparation of survey reports.
• Wayleave submission and management.
• Participate in kick-off meetings with the RGM and Project Managers.
• Ensure as-built drawings and splice plans are kept up to date with feedback from the field teams in
collaboration with the fibre Planners.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
Experience as a Planner and in fibre/CAD/OSP and GIS software.
• Experience as a Team Leader/Manager will be advantageous.
• Experience engaging with Municipalities is a requirement.
• Minimum 2 year’s Project Management experience.
• Valid driver’s license and own transport.
• Professional knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, schemes, policies and guidelines.
• Excellent research skills.
• Excellent organisational skills i.e. able to plan, prioritise, co-ordinate and control.
• Ability to work quickly and under pressure.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Time management skills.
• Communication skills (written and verbal).
• MS Office skills
• Grade 12.
• AutoCAD courses completed.
• An Urban/Town and Regional Planning degree or relevant 3-year qualification is required.
|Job Closing Date||10/12/2021|