|Reference #||HRMC01 - Head Risk Management & Compliance|
|Location||Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa|
Growthpoint provides space to thrive with innovative and sustainable property solutions. We are an international property company with assets on three continents and the largest South African primary REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust) listed on the JSE. We own and manage a diversified portfolio of over 550 property assets, locally and internationally.
Growthpoint is a FTSE/JSE Top 40 Index company, a constituent of the FTSE EPRA/NAREIT Emerging Index and is in the FTSE4Good Emerging Index and FTSE/JSE Responsible Investment Index.
|Job Functions||Advisory,Auditing,Compliance & Regulatory Affairs|
|Industries||Facilities & Property Management,Property Development|
To co-ordinate the governance, risk management and compliance activities of the company that enable the management and delivery of projects focused on improving and refining business processes and initiatives across all business units, to deliver on business strategy.
Duties and responsibilities
• To liaise annually with the Group Chief Executive Officer regarding the strategic opportunities and risks that could inhibit the organization from it achieving it objectives.
• To maintain and update the property industry specific risk information which is housed on the “REIT Risk Instrument” internet-based platform.
• To compile a quarterly risk report based on the above for presentation to the Risk Management Committee.
• To provide the Risk Management Committee with assurance with regards to the adequacy and effectiveness of the risk management processes.
• To respond to broader market issues and specific risks identified by the Risk Management Committee and/or matters referred to the Committee by the Board.
• To provide the Risk Management Committee with ad hoc feedback regarding international risk surveys such as those undertaken by the World Economic Forum, Aon, etc.
• To compile the information required for the “Business Model and Value Creation” and “Risk Management” components of the Integrated Annual Report.
• To respond to questions pertaining to risk management that arise when the organization participates in indices such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), CDP, etc. or when requested from investors in the Funds Management business.
• To review the ESG submissions made by the organization for appropriateness and consistency of reporting.
• To assist other components within the Group, such as the Funds Management business, with the compilation of risk management related documentation as and when required.
• To consider the most appropriate mechanism for compiling, assessing and reporting the opportunities and risks of controlled entities and the Group as a whole as it transitions to an international property company.
• To assist the Group Financial Director with the annual determination of the categories of insurance cover and the corresponding limits, and to liaise with the Group’s insurance brokers with regard thereto.
• Facilitate risk management ownership by management, including awareness creation and providing risk management training.
• Provide a standardised strategic and operational risk management methodology and process.
• Co-ordinate and facilitate specialised operational risk management processes, including business continuity management and fraud risk management.
• Co-ordinate follow-up actions to ensure that risk custodians implement identified and agreed actions to improve controls.
• Validate that the risk management processes are adequate and effective - Evaluate the adequacy of the company’s internal control framework in addressing risks and accomplishing the company’s goals and objectives.
• Co-ordinate and facilitate compliance risk management.
• Ensure standardised and integrated reporting on all risk management activities and exposures.
• Review and implementation the Enterprise Risk Management Policy and Framework for the Company.
• Work with the Board, Audit & Risk Committee in ensuring the identification and prioritisation of risks and reporting of the same.
• Guiding integration of enterprise risk management with other organisational planning and Management activities; and
• “Test” the effectiveness of cascading the risk management approach to business decision making.
• To assimilate the primary legislation affecting the organization as identified by the Company Secretarial function in conjunction with in-house and external legal advisers.
• To ensure that where necessary, or if prescribed by legislation, that appropriately qualified and experienced personnel have been appointed to oversee adherence to the relevant Acts.
• To ensure that adequate systems, processes, and procedures have been implemented to ensure effective compliance.
• To identify training needs and development opportunities for personnel so that they may keep abreast of legislation and compliance requirements relevant to their area of responsibility.
• To formally report on compliance related matters to the relevant structures with the organization (e.g., Anti-corruption report to the Social, Ethics and Transformation Committee bi-annually) and ultimately the Risk Management Committee when the Committee seeks assurance in respect of specific matters deemed to be of a high risk (i.e., Bi-annual compliance report).
Experience & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree majoring in Risk Management, Legal or Compliance Competency Requirements: Essential
10 -15 Years’ experience in the compliance and risk environment comprising of the following:
- assessing and developing internal control policies and procedures for financial and operational processes including process flow diagrams and control points
- providing enterprise-wide risk assessment services - providing regulatory compliance assessments investigations, consultations, and attestations
- professional experience as a compliance and risk manager within the various business functions of an organisation
- managerial experience
• Ability to lead and motivate staff
• Detail focused
• Customer focused
• Team player
• Ability to work under pressure
• Professional approach – be able to build relationships at all levels
• Results driven
Competencies and Skills
• Relating and Networking
• Persuading and Influencing
• Adhering to Principles and Values
• Adapting and Responding to Change
• Presenting and Communicating Information
• Leading and Supervising • Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
• Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
• Deciding and Initiating Action
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts
• Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
|Job Closing Date||30/11/2021|