|Reference #||Field Technician Senior - Pietermaritzburg|
|Location||Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa|
The Field Technician Senior’s main duty will be to oversee and lead installations/repairs/ surveys on Wireless or Fibre networks. Focussing on more advanced and larger installations/ repairs/surveys.
• Follow set SOP’s and procedures.
• Work closely with a Team Leader and Scheduler.
• Maintaining project and safety documentation.
• Accurate reporting and updates on work done
• Ensuring all relevant stock is available for the work that was scheduled.
• Keep equipment well maintained.
• Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures.
• Completing all SHER and OHS required documentation.
• Fibre Troubleshooting: Splicing, testing, dome management,
• Wireless Troubleshooting: Signal testing on CPE’s, access points and bandwidth capacity.
• Basic Network Troubleshooting: Ip conflicts, firewall issues and routing issues.
• Installation of VoIP systems.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Work overtime, weekends, or on emergency call outs as required.
• Working at heights: House roofs, telephone/gum poles or large buildings.
• Working in crawl and small spaces for installation purposes
• At least 1-year experience in the following areas: Mikrotik, Ubiquiti & Cambium.
• 2 years Fibre Optic splicing experience.
• 2 Years RF/Wireless experience.
• Advanced computer skills.
• Advanced Networking considered an asset.
• Technical training considered an asset. Electronics, IT, Networking, VoIP, IP cameras etc.
• Experience using FO troubleshooting tools (i.e., OTDR, Mass Fusion Splicing, etc.).
• Driver’s license.
• Clean driving record.
• Customer service skills.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good working knowledge of hand and power tools used in this position.
• Proficient in fibre cable termination with connectors.
• Well versed in fusion splicing machine technique.
• Strong manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions, confined spaces, isolation.
• Ability to work in a physically demanding environment including, but is not limited to carry, raise and climb a ladder, carry, lift and handle heavy
equipment (manhole covers, cable reels).
• Self-disciplined, motivated, and organized.
• Effective planning skills.
• Leadership skills.
• Ability to work neatly and accurately.
• Medically fit & able to work at heights
|Job Closing Date||01/12/2021|