|Company||The Beverage Company|
|Location||Isando, Gauteng, South Africa|
This role is responsible to ensure excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders
through exceptional collections management of customer accounts & effective and efficient resolution of
|Industries||Food & Beverages|
Key Accountabilities and Outputs
Accounts Receivable Administration
• Management of Customer Collections aligned to trading terms and policy.
• Posts customer payments by recording cash transactions from bank aligned to policy & debtors
• Updates & reports receivables by totalling unpaid debtors.
• Maintains debtor records through monthly review of masterdata.
• Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales
trading Agreements, promotions, customer service departments, and from customers.
• Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
• Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
• Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit terms;
coordinating contact with debtors & sales department.
• Management and release of blocked orders aligned to policy.
• Issuing of monthly customer statements.
• Preparation and consolidation of all reconciliations, documents to facilitate legal handover
• Adherence to the health, safety and environmental standards
• Ensure adherence to site safety standards as head of Safety, Health and Environmental Committee
• Ensure compliance to all relevant legislation
• Conversant with relevant business information, policies, processes and procedures
• Maintains expected performance standards
• While Job Descriptions are written up for the purpose of a basic outline of the work and
responsibilities associated with the Job, the Company encourages and expects all employees from
time to time, to assist with work that may not be a direct part of their job description.
Critical Success Factors
• Financial understanding & accuracy
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office tools & preferably an Advanced Excel user
• Analytical mind, organized, precise and meticulous
• Ability to take initiative, learn quickly and strive for results
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong team player
• Conscientious with follow-up & feedback
• Diploma in creditor’s management would be advantageous
• Routine communication with customers or clients
• Proactive identification of problems that are concrete and procedural, troubleshoot and apply
solutions in line with guidelines provided or escalate more complex problems to superiors, providing
information required to solve problems.
• Others outside the organisation
Planning and Organising
• Manages time effectively, ensuring effective completion of tasks under stressful deadlines.
• Able to prioritise activities and resources, ensuring that results are achieved effectively.
• Able to evaluate progress and make appropriate adjustments to initial plans, ensuring a successful
• Asks questions to identify customer needs or expectations
• Follows through and meets personal commitments to others on time
• Takes responsibilities seriously and consistently meets the clients’ expectations for quality, service,
• Continuously monitors delivery to make sure the customer is receiving good service
• Shows a strong commitment to exceeding customer expectations
• Able to own responsibility for mistakes, apologise and make suitable changes to services
• Increases performance expectations when success has been achieved
• Seeks out sources of information, including trade associations, “best practice” companies, customers,
peers, subordinates, etc.
• Finds ways to fast-adapt improvement ideas to work processes
• Proactively seeks out resources, alliances, etc., needed to quickly introduce improvements
• Helps others with their work.
• Meets commitments to team members or others in the organisation.
• Actively contributes to team discussions and the accomplishment of team work plans.
• Shares expertise and resources to help others address their needs.
• Seeks to include all those who can contribute to the most successful outcome and those who have a
stake in the results.
• Actively keeps all stakeholders informed.
• Attempts to reinvigorate team processes when progress is lagging: stays engaged even when not in
full agreement with the team’s direction.
Legal and Ethical Conduct
• Keeps current with all the laws and company policies that govern one’s work activities, or seeks
counsel before acting
• Conforms with all laws and company policies that govern one’s work activities
• Keeps abreast of changes in standards applicable to one’s profession
• Acts in accordance with conventional ethical and professional standards
• Takes action to enforce legal, policy, ethical and professional requirements; exposes violations
Qualifications and Experience
• National Diploma / NQF 6 (Preferred)
• Up to 2 years experience (Operational) FMCG, experience in a debtors department
• MS Excel, SAP
|Job Closing Date||06/12/2021|