|Company||Avis Budget Rental & Leasing|
|Location||Isando, Gauteng, South Africa|
Core purpose of the role
To manage the approval of credit limits (facilities), legal and pre-legal debtors, legal and pre-legal recoveries and amendments to customer contracts.
Key deliverables and outputs
• Assess and manage the fleet and rental capital investment risk for the business to minimise financial losses and ensure required
return on investment.
• Continuously monitor current and future economic as well as customer specific trends including detailed business and industry
• Overseeing and finalising the entire credit submission process (pre-approvals, renewals and new business), conducting a final
vetting of the submission and either approving facilities within mandate or providing a recommendation for credit committee
• Manage and control the recovery of legal and pre-legal debtors by using the relevant means and resources available (such as
internal or external Legal Counsel).
• Proactively communicate issues, risks or exposures to relevant stakeholders.
• Ensure compliance with set policies and procedures, addressing any deviations as required.
• Facilitate customer contract amendments with the relevant stakeholders (Sales, Operations, Legal, Customers).
3.Stakeholders (internal & external customers, suppliers, shareholders, communities)
• Liaise closely with internal Sales team as well as external customers (in need) in order to clarify any anomalies regarding credit
• Liaise closely with the Operations, Sales and Debtors teams to inform them of any risk exposure regarding existing customers.
• Directly engage with business rescue practitioners, attorneys and/or customers in the legal and pre-legal portfolio.
• Conduct onsite customer credit reviews and frequent visits to external debt collectors
• Provide clear direction and decisive leadership to direct reports, ensuring all are aligned to the goals and have a clear purpose.
• Set clearly defined performance standards / targets for direct reports, holding them accountable to achieve these and providing
support and guidance where needed.
• Create and maintain a constructive atmosphere within the team, engaging and motivating direct reports to always give their
best, while respecting any areas of diversity (whether areas of expertise, cultural, gender, age, background, etc.)
• Ensure direct reports adhere to set business policies and procedures, emphasising the importance of general discipline at work
and objectively correcting and handling any deviations as they arise.
• Resource and staff the team appropriately, considering the relevance of current and new jobs as well as the most suitable ways
in which to place or replace any vacancies.
• Set the example to the team and deliver on the employee value proposition by leading the team and the business in line with the
Avis Leadership Behaviours.
• Support and encourage direct reports to drive their own individual development plans in order to further grow as professionals
in their jobs.
Internal and External Stakeholders
The role requires close engagement and collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders
Operations, Sales and Debtors Teams, IT
Business Rescue Practitioners, Debt Collection Agencies, Credit Bureaus, Attorneys and Customers
• Relevant tertiary qualification e.g. NQF6/7 qualification in Business Management/Credit Management
• Valid Driver’s License
• Relevant post-graduate qualification
Note: This role will require regular provincial travel to customers and occasional provincial travel for customer visits
• 10 years’ professional experience in Credit Approval within a financial institution (or similar)
• Previous debt collection experience
• Previous specialist Legal Counsel experience
• Broad level of Financial institution experience
• 3-5 years’ management experience
• Car rental and leasing experience
|Job Closing Date||21/01/2022|