|Company||Avis Budget Rental & Leasing|
|Location||Isando, Gauteng, South Africa|
Core purpose of the role
The systematic and methodical investigation, analysis and documentation of all or part of a business in terms of business functions and processes, and the information they use. The identification and examination of business needs and determine effective solutions to business problems. The identification and development of more efficient and effective approaches to enhance business activities. The role acts as a bridge between the business unit, organizational stakeholders and the solution team. Facilitates effective and competitive business processes by eliciting, analysing, validating and documenting business organisational and/or operational requirements.
|Job Functions||Information Technology|
Key deliverables and outputs
• Define appropriate, comprehensive methodologies to satisfy business requirements and streamline IT delivery.
• Submit options for improving business processes to decision makers at senior management level.
• Develop business requirement documents and business architecture.
• Facilitate demand management (change requests, project requests) in respect of time, cost and business impact.
• Evaluate the data collected through task analysis as part of the SDLC.
• Identify the risks associated with changes made to requirements.
• Manage risks related to application development and implementation.
• Ensure that the organisation achieves the objectives of a project inclusive of return on its system investments.
• Advise on and justifies standards, methods and procedures for business architecture and systems lifecycles.
• Pay full regard to both internal and external standards and requirements such as audit standards, data management standards,
safety related standards, good practice and legislation during the process of solution design.
• Maintain good knowledge of and applies operational, ICT and IS policies in the design of new business applications and
3.Stakeholders (internal & external customers, suppliers, shareholders, communities)
• Drive, challenge and advise Avis stakeholders on how they will successfully execute plans.
• Guide clients towards accepting viable and valid system solutions, which involve changes to working conditions and practices,
showing understanding, innovation.
• Communicate effectively with all levels of management in relation to sign-off, updates, facilitation of the Joint Application
Development (JAD) sessions and requirements gathering sessions.
• Provide clear direction and decisive leadership to direct reports, ensuring all are aligned to the goals and have a clear purpose.
• Set clearly defined performance standards / targets for direct reports, holding them accountable to achieve these and providing
support and guidance where needed.
• Create and maintain a constructive atmosphere within the team, engaging and motivating direct reports to always give their
best, while respecting any areas of diversity (whether areas of expertise, cultural, gender, age, background, etc.)
• Ensure direct reports adhere to set business policies and procedures, emphasising the importance of general discipline at work
and objectively correcting and handling any deviations as they arise.
• Resource and staff the team appropriately, considering the relevance of current and new jobs as well as the most suitable ways
in which to place or replace any vacancies.
• Set the example to the team and deliver on the employee value proposition by leading the team and the business in line with the
Avis Leadership Behaviours.
• Support and encourage direct reports to drive their own individual development plans in order to further grow as professionals
in their jobs.
Internal and External Stakeholders
The role requires close engagement and collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders
Internal stakeholders and customers from across the business, other IT teams
• Relevant IT Degree / Qualification
• Relevant industry certification
• 5 years’ experience in Business Analysis
• Broad experience in facilitation of all business and IT engagement and collaboration
• Experience of assessing the costs and benefits of potential changes to business processes
• Exposure to general business operations
• 3 yrs supervisory experience
• Basic Automotive industry experience
|Job Closing Date||21/01/2022|