|Location||Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa|
The Finance Grants Officer will provide support to the Research Grants Manager and their assigned scientific faculty and investigators in the administration of national and international research grant awards. She/he will be responsible for the smooth handling of the research and financial administration portfolio within the Grants & Contracts Office. The portfolio revolves around both the pre-award and post-award phases. This includes the administration of a number of research grants; participate in multi-disciplinary teams preparing and compiling research grant proposals; preparing financial and progress reports for research investigators, collaborators and external funders; reviewing cooperative agreements and policies, compliance and institutional reporting obligations. In addition, the postholder will be responsible for maintaining grants databases, financial reconciliations, creating boiler templates and general support duties. The position requires high level analytical skills, be deadline driven, attention to detailed orientated and multi-tasking skills. AHRI’s operates at two sites i.e. Somkhele and Durban
|Job Functions||Accounting,Administration,Advisory,Coordinator,Data Analysis,Data Capturing,Finance,Mathematics, Statistics and Information,Other Research Development, Science and Scientific Research|
|Industries||Ngo / Non-Profit,Research|
• Financial Grants Administration - Preparing and interpreting financial grant reports, invoices, budgets and progress reports. Payroll change requests. Involve in the implementation of the institute cost recovery module. Maintaining financial databases such as grants spreadsheets and SAP Grants Module. Reviewing and reconciling research grants financial transactions and reports.
• Research Grant Administration - General research grants administration, support duties and smooth appropriation of awards in the pre-award and post-award processes. Actively involved in research grants application development including leading budget development and other research administrative application pieces. Working closely with the senior research grants officer in compliance with institutional and funders requirements. Provides research support input in progress reports.
• Compliance and Legal Administration - Review and interpret grant award agreements to ensure reporting obligations are met. Establish, review and monitor grants and financial compliance, application requirements, policies and reporting obligations (in the context of Institutional, Funding organisation regulations, South African Law, US, UK and European Law). Provide due diligence support during reviews.
• Coordination Activities - Participate in multi-disciplinary teams preparing and compiling research grant proposals. Maintenance accurate and updated databases, checklist, templates etc. Troubleshooting assistance.
1. B.Com in Accounting or related qualification
2. Qualification in Project management (desirable, not essential)
1. At least 5 years’ work experience with at least 2 years’ experience in financial administration;
2. Experience in national and international research grant administration would be an asset
3. Previous experience working in the field of TB, HIV and/or NCDs would be an asset
4. Experience of managing large collaborative research grants (>R5m) and knowledge of avariety of sponsors including research councils, government, charitable, industrial funding(desirable, not essential)
1. Working in a research environment
AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity. This position is open to South African applicants and valid work permit holders. AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment.
People living with disability are encouraged to apply.
|Job Closing Date||29/05/2022|